There are so many areas of our lives that need a push. I can remember getting up early in the morning and pondering on all other the wonderful things I had to accomplished for the day. The dishes, the laundry, the dirty diapers, the homework for me and the daycare art homework for the two love bugs. After 2 minutes of thought, I laid back down and buried myself back under the covers. I know God’s plan for my life and His plan for us to teach the younger women but I was tired from all else. Now I am not in the season of pampers but I sure do remember how God grew me up to be a fervent mom, wife and women. Fervent means-to be hot (boil of liquids; or glow of solids) to be fervent. It also means very hot, exhibiting or marked by great intensity of feeling. Zealous fervent prayers are an important part of our Christian DNA.
We are called to the ministry of fervency, intensity of biblical community and Relationships with God and others. When we go out into the world we should want to look more like Him. Our affection and love towards one another should be filled with grace and passion. Often times we struggle with fervent behavior because of several reasons. I will list 3
1. Scared- “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
• Fear- Timidity- lacking in courage or self-confidence a timid person, lacking in boldness or determination
2. Confused- “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honor, when thou dost embrace her.” Proverbs 4:7-8 KJV
• Most times we don’t like to ask questions. We need to seek clarity
3. Lazy- Romans 12:11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord., “So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.” Revelation 3:16 ESV
Webster defines Zeal as great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause. Strong’s defines it as Fervent minded.
We must not be half-hearted or tepid in our approach to our calling. If we find ourselves tired like I was in the early years of my mommy hood, It can be tough to get on track but there is hope in rest. Rest will give us the necessary downtime to refuel and replenish our lives.
2 thoughts on “Fervent”
I’m so glad your out of a season of discouraging and now being fervent for God. Thank you. Please email me or put me on your mail list for anything you post or blog. 😁. I’m so proud of you. This is your gift. I can clearly see that. And so many women will benefit from the word you share.
Thank you so much Rachel for your words!! I am also on ITunes!! Let me look at the site to see what I can do about a mailing list etc. I love you sis!!